We've got your back.
It's an honor to be entrusted with your nonprofit organization's financial oversight; it's also a significant responsibility. Rocktree Financial Advisors is available as your ally, helping you fulfill your fiduciary role, effectively and efficiently. Turn to us for:
- A trusted advisor to help manage your investment needs, with a prudent strategy centered on managing risk
- Tools to evaluate tradeoffs between spending vs. maintaining your corpus purchasing power
- Timely, clear and comprehensive communications
- Informative, customizable reports for committee members and staff
- A high-quality, custom fixed income portfolio to match the specific needs of your organization
We invite you to read more about our services below. How else can we assist you and your organization? Contact us today, and we would be pleased to answer informal questions or respond to your organization's Request for Proposal.
At Rocktree Financial Advisors LLC, we treat our clients the way we would want to be treated.
- Fiduciary Care — Just as you are a fiduciary to your organization, we are a fiduciary to you, providing advice strictly motivated by your organization's best interests.
- Well-Aligned Interests — Our sole source of compensation is in the form of reasonable, transparent fees for the services we provide. With no hidden commissions or similar third-party arrangements, our interests are clearly aligned with your own.
- Prudent Planning — We adhere to an investment strategy grounded in financial economics — the science of investing. Our strategy is supported by the Uniform Prudent Investors Act and Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act.
Prudent Investment Advice for Nonprofit Investing
Too often, a nonprofit's investment activities depend on attempts to predict what lies ahead (when, truthfully, nobody really knows), and/or on excruciatingly complex vehicles you'd be hard-pressed to explain to your board or donors.
At Rocktree we take a different approach:
- Evidence-based: We base our investment advice on peer-reviewed academic evidence and real-world results that can be measured as well as intuitively understood.
- Reasonable: We help you ignore factors that are unknowable and focus on those you can expect to manage, such as mitigating risk through global diversification and minimizing costs to maximize end returns.
- Appropriate: By emphasizing the critical role that market risk plays in investment returns, our strategy is well-suited for balancing your organization's wealth preservation and mission-critical spending needs.
An anecdote from Warren Buffett ...
In his 1996 letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders, Warren Buffett wrote, "Most investors, both institutional and individual, will find that the best way to own common stocks is through an index fund that charges minimal fees. Those following this path are sure to beat the net results (after fees and expenses) delivered by the great majority of investment professionals."
Although any investor would be well served by Buffett's simple approach, if that's all there were to it, most organizations could manage their accounts without outside expertise. Rocktree Financial Advisors takes the essence of Buffett's approach and elaborates on it in ways that increase expected returns while appropriately managing costs and risk.
Above and Beyond Value
We understand the needs of your nonprofit organization: the regulatory concerns, time constraints and reporting responsibilities you face in fulfilling your critical mission. We address these issues through an array of specialized services, such as:
- Performing multi-scenario projections for determining optimal balance between risk and return
- Reviewing or helping you create an Investment Policy Statement and spending plan
- Managing your custodial issues (such as account setup, transfers and disbursements), with a client service team well-versed in nonprofit client care
- Providing clear and detailed quarterly performance reports with benchmark comparisons and an economic review/outlook
- Presenting at your committee meetings
- Offering institutional bond portfolio expertise and competitive pricing
- Sharing insightful research and education on institutional wealth management